Sunday 7 June 2020

"The Return"




"The Return"(in the memory of Chukwuemeka Akachi)

My last rememberance of you 
Was that night we held hands
And you let mine slip away
You walked far away back into the night
That you let it darkness envelope us
Or was it just me that was lost in this madness that cocoons us in mid-day.

I could hear the castles we built in the air fall apart; this little mansion that fits us so well, where love mends our broken whole.

Your absence roars at my weak self
I crouch and die gradually in silence
I wish I could cry
But no one will hear me.
They're use to my pain; they no longer bother.

Each morning wakes up with its own sadness
Each night falls with its own tears.
Every yawn is a yearning for you
Every mourn is dirge for you.

I look helplessly at the door you banged
On your way out. 
Hoping you walk back this way again 
or I die a prisoner of your return forever.
    

3 comments:

"Ibe"

 "Ibe" Ibem, my mates have moved on... Their journey tracing the barely travelled paths.  I tried to whet my feet on the stones of...