Tuesday 9 November 2021

"Red Love (Flaming)"

 "Red Love(Flaming)"

Yours words strike hard at everything I hold sacred

They start to flutter, and fall to the ground.

At first, you promised to hold me where I stand

Your tongue flaming while your promises soared round my head

I started to hope again, to bask in the warmth of the heat that cocooned my shivering heart.


Do people change like shifting shadows or do words dissipate quickly like smoke?

I was wondering the one we were

Until our two fingers slip out of our loose grip.


Letting go of what we once held to heart

Was a bitter pill to swallow

But we did it so hard

That a day was enough to get over the gulping pain and the midnight tears. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Ibe"

 "Ibe" Ibem, my mates have moved on... Their journey tracing the barely travelled paths.  I tried to whet my feet on the stones of...