Wednesday 6 April 2022

"To Beg is Crime"

 



"To Beg is Crime"


I won't beg you for your thoughts anymore,

Though mine are daily shared on the streets 

by men deprived of home-grown pleasures,

Yet, I won't act beggarly before you.

No, I won't beg you, even though I am one.


We have been warned by you not to be choosers in life

Even when the options are myriad. 

So we won't admit the conditions of our minds. 

No, we will hide behind the cloak of feigned riches,

And pocket our huge balls of ignorance from your scolding eyes,

To be a beggar is an off-sense, to act rich is good sense.


We will be rich before you,

But romance in the dark our plenty I-don't- knows 

Which we are hated for ever desiring to know.



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Ibe"

 "Ibe" Ibem, my mates have moved on... Their journey tracing the barely travelled paths.  I tried to whet my feet on the stones of...