Tuesday 13 August 2024

"Ibe"

 "Ibe"


Ibem, my mates have moved on...

Their journey tracing the barely travelled paths. 

I tried to whet my feet on the stones of grief

To brush off the blunt faces of happiness 

Gazing at my slumber and slugger

Mana ijem siri ike.


Ijem, the voices we hear

Call our feet to various crossroads 

Where decision and fate tumble upon each other.

You call to mind the day we set out,

Eager as each smile opens a new chapter of this phase

Mana nkem no na akachukwu.


Nkem, the voices of love that refuse to grow faint,

Through the night struggles with life,

Through the roaring laughter of mockery,

Through the jeers of small minds,

We have risen a great clan forged by sincere tears, true

 love in one heart. 

1 comment:

  1. Powerful and literary, innovative and yet emotional

    ReplyDelete

"Ibe"

 "Ibe" Ibem, my mates have moved on... Their journey tracing the barely travelled paths.  I tried to whet my feet on the stones of...